Monday, February 11, 2008

Off to LA

Sun Country decided a 7am flight was better than their11pm flight they used to fly to LAX and 7am is a semi-annoying time for anyone on a poker-player schedule to have to leave the house at 530. A couple hours earlier or later would make a good difference. As is, it still doesn't really make sense to go to sleep for 2 or 3 hours because it makes more sense to just stay up all night and sleep at the hotel and you'll instantly be on a good live poker schedule (almost completely backwards)...but if it was a few hours later you could definitely get 5 or 6 hours sleep and be able to play when you get there...which I'm always excited to do.

I got back from a great weekend in duluth at about 1030pm and worked for a number of hours. I've really been playing more LHE the last few days with like 2 well table selected NL tables on the side.

Winter is just so busy. I don't think I've been in the cities at home for more than 5 days in a row since the beginning of december. I feel like I always get home and then by the time I've taken care of different details that don't get taken care of while I'm gone it's time to go again. I know I know rough life always being gone and traveling but not having very much structure to count on from day to day wears on me I think. I feel like this is why being a poker pro while in college was actually easier. I always had tons of other stuff with specific schedules that basically ran my life with poker thrown in. I didn't realize this until right now. I'm sure a number of people are thinking now...why don't I go back to school and get my masters or something. I bet I will at some point but it wont be the same as living on campus and I'm not quite ready yet.

I was planning on brining my skis to LA and going from there to Colorado to Brad's place but all the weather models are strongly showing warm and sunny which isn't my idea of good ski conditions in February so that trip will have to wait another week or something.

Kelsey got promoted at work today to be the manager of a new department at Best Buy stores -the mobile department! This is great news and should be the stepping stone to being an assistant store manager which is her short term goal. Congrats baby!

I better go finish packing.

No comments: