Tuesday, March 24, 2009

I have a rule

For some reason I'm not finding this easy to explain as it just feels wordy any way I type it, so I think I just have to roll with it. When I'm playing a guy heads up and decide that he plays good enough and I don't want to play him again, I tell him I don't want to play him anymore and good game and good luck. If he sits with me again, I'll play both my button and give him his button and say please dont sit with me again, I don't want to play with you. If he sits a third time, I play my button and quit. Most people get the hint as they know how advantageous it is to be the guy on the button and they aren't getting the reciprication of being able to play their button. Over the last year on the button I make .08 of a bet per hand wheras in the big blind I lose .02 of a bet.

Yesterday I was playing and decided I didn't want to play a guy. I went through the motions and on the third time I grimmed his ass (the term in the poker world for playing your button and quitting). I left the table and sat at a new one. He joined and I did it again. And again. And again. On the 11th time he said man you're hard to play, always switching tables. lol. Finally after the 12th time he left never to be seen again.

I'm not like all super proud about all of this as it's a little bit douchey but it's one way you can stand up for yourself when somebody else is being an ass and it was making me laugh. I just thought it was funny he came back 12 times. Previously I've never had more than like 2 or 3 times.

I played raquetball today and very dumbly wore ankle socks that are lower than my basketball shoes so mid-first-game I had to go put my brutal street shoes on to play more as my other shoes were rubbing the shit out of my ankle.

I really enjoyed the nicer weather and it looks like the rain and semi-cold is here to stay for a bit. Kinda tough to have a nice little taste of spring/summer and then get it swiped away. Although the rain wasn't cold today and kinda made me feel like it was summer.

I've only put in 2 hours of poker today and I haven't really decided if I'm going to mash out another 3-6 hours after this blog. I'll probably look at the games and if they're good, play and see how I feel. I feel like I might have shorter patience than a lot of times so it might not last. The AP jackpot is up to 733k so I may just open up 10 tables of low no limit and try to win me a piece if I'm not feelin it.