Sunday, June 17, 2007

some time in mn

Since coming back poker has been completely breakeven. Maybe 6k hands as I've played a good amount (given how i only play 2-4 tables...usually 3 or so. It's definitely ok to come back down to earth.

I feel like 3 betting the flop and checking the turn is way back in style. Maybe people just do it to me cause they are sick of me check/raising so many flops, but man have I seen a ton of it and a lot of stupid ones, too.

This is a very standard hand it seems. In this case he didn't get there, but it feels like they are getting there far more often than they should.

POKERSTARS GAME #10467215866: HOLD'EM LIMIT ($30/$60) - 2007/06/16 - 16:25:42 (ET)
Table 'Natalie V' 10-max Seat #7 is the button
Seat 2: bicyclekick ($1396 in chips)
Seat 6: Pongo69 ($1271 in chips)
Seat 7: poker_millie ($302.50 in chips)
Seat 8: bulld7 ($2424 in chips)
bulld7: posts small blind $15
bicyclekick: posts big blind $30
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to bicyclekick [3s 3h]
Pongo69: folds
poker_millie: raises $30 to $60
bulld7: folds
bicyclekick: calls $30
*** FLOP *** [2h 5h Ts]
bicyclekick: checks
poker_millie: bets $30
bicyclekick: raises $30 to $60
poker_millie: raises $30 to $90
bicyclekick: calls $30
*** TURN *** [2h 5h Ts] [8s]
bicyclekick: checks
poker_millie: checks
*** RIVER *** [2h 5h Ts 8s] [4s]
bicyclekick: bets $60
poker_millie: calls $60
*** SHOW DOWN ***
bicyclekick: shows [3s 3h] (a pair of Threes)
poker_millie: mucks hand
bicyclekick collected $433 from pot
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot $435 | Rake $2
Board [2h 5h Ts 8s 4s]
Seat 2: bicyclekick (big blind) showed [3s 3h] and won ($433) with a pair of Threes
Seat 6: Pongo69 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 7: poker_millie (button) mucked [Kh Js]
Seat 8: bulld7 (small blind) folded before Flop

For those that were wondering, I would have called down most turn/river combos if he had fired both streets. I mean, if it comes running QJ I would almost surely fold, and if an ace would have come I would have probably mucked it too. I just see too much shit like AJ here (and in this case even KJ) as well as I like seeing showdowns with pairs to give too much thought to folding. I mean people might think I'm a loose fish when they have QQ and I payoff, but it'll stick in their head that I'm betting and raising without overly strong hands and most people are not great at adjusting to that kind of play, especially live vegas players (nothing against them, they just don't have to deal with it as much cause they don't play online or in LA as much)

Kels and I took a really bad beat the other night. I had purchased twins tickets on stubhub for row 2 behind the twins dugout for only 115 a piece and I got a phone call about 2 hours before the game saying something happened with the seller and we no longer got the tickets. WTF? luckily the way the twins do tickets is messed up, so they had better tickets at that point than they did a few hours before, so we still got reasonable seats.

No comments: